To protect and defend the most fundamental right of humankind, the right to life of every
innocent human being from the beginning of life to natural death.
- Bans abortions after 15 weeks
- Mandates that abortion-inducing drugs can only be provided to a pregnant woman by a qualified licensed physician, essentially outlawing mail-order abortion drugs.
- Requires abortionists to maintain local hospital privileges and be
qualified to treat abortion complications.
- Requires an abortionist to obtain written, notarized consent from a minor and one parent before that minor may have an abortion.
- Requires that abortion facilities report abortions to Vital Statistics within three days, instead of 15 days or the end of the month.
- Requires the reporting of chemical abortions within three days of dispensing the abortion drugs.
- Provides for annual audits to ensure compliance with reporting requirements.
- Requires aborted baby remains to be cremated or buried.
To read this full article, as well as information about YES FOR LIFE and our Signature Ad, please download the full newsletter here.
Madison County Right to Life was formed in 2003 as a non-denominational, non-profit organization. Since its inception, Madison County Right to Life has worked to increase awareness of the sanctity of life in the Madison County area by:
- publishing an annual signature ad in the Richmond Register and Berea Citizen.
- erecting a billboard on I-75. (see video)
- sending newsletters to our members and local churches.
- placing important pro-life information on our website and Facebook page.
- peacefully praying at our annual Life Chain held every October in Richmond across from the EKU football stadium between the hospital and fire station.
Madison County Right to Life is affiliated with National Right to Life and Kentucky Right to Life. We collaborate with Central Kentucky Right to Life in Lexington to spread the message of life with our billboard on I-75.
Madison County Right to Life carries out its lifesaving mission by promoting respect for the worth and dignity of every individual human being, born or unborn.
We work to achieve our mission through education, legislation, and political action. Our strength comes from our broad base of diverse, dedicated people from all backgrounds, united to focus on one issue, the right to life itself.
KENTUCKY ABORTION STATISTICS
A 12% increase over 2019
Came from other states
from unmarried women
Women 14 and younger